Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 28: 7 Hours of Driving and the Final Fall Tour Concert in Keokuk, IA!

I left Yankton, SD at about 6:30am and after non-stop driving, arrived in Keokuk, IA a little after 1:30pm.


I can't believe that it is already the last concert of my Fall tour in the Midwest!  It was an incredible experience...I got to meet so many interesting people, saw so much of the country that I hadn't ever gotten to see before, and got to play in halls large and small.

Tomorrow, I've got a 4-hour drive to Kansas City, and then fly back to New York for the first time in a month!  It will be nice to not be living out of a suitcase for once. :)  Also, Delta gave me a confirmed first-class upgrade so the ride home should be nice.

The odometer reads over 5000 miles driven in the past 3.5 weeks...I think I'm growing emotionally attached to my Avalon :P  It has been a great car on this journey.

Thank you all for following me on this first Midwest tour...please keep checking back here, on my website (CharlieAlbright.com), on my Facebook Page (Facebook.com/charliealbrightpianist), on Twitter (twitter.com/charliealbright), and on my YouTube channel (youtube.com/pianomanca)!  I'll definitely try to do this again daily for the longer, winter tour beginning the first week of February, 2013, and of course periodic updates here.

Thanks again for all of your support, you guys!!! :D

-Charlie















As of now, it's over 5000 miles.  I'll add another few hundred or so tomorrow :)






2 comments:

  1. For those of us who have followed your Midwest Tour, you have made us feel so close to you and your experience. Thank you for sharing so openly and honestly every step of the way. Thank you, also, for the fabulous music you played for us in Grand Island. The students are still talking about your wonderful piano workshop you presented. You have made a personal impact here, Charlie. THANK YOU so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie, seems your mid west tour comes to an end , how fitting with beautiful sunset (sunrise) photos you've posted. Thanks for sharing openly your experiences, comments, photos, and YouTube video. Mostly thank you for sharing your marvelous music. It is with much anticipation I and my friends await your return to Boston. But, yes, first you deserve some rest. ENJOY, thanks - eye on the road, and travel Safe ! Michael O'

    ReplyDelete