Saturday, November 15, 2014

Coast-to-Coast: Rockefeller U, SubCulture, and Tacoma Symphony

Attention NYCers and Pacific Northwesters!

Concerts coming up soon on both coasts!

So I just had an awesome midday concert at Rockefeller University as part of the Tri-I Noon Concerts Series.  This series, arranged by the amazing John Gerlach, has presented literally hundreds of concerts over the past several years...every single week during the main concert season.  It's really quite crazy!

Read on...



Rockefeller University

Without advertising at all, the Tri-I Noon Concerts series fills the hall at Rockefeller University weekly with affiliates of the university, affiliates of local hospitals, and the community to present soloists and chamber groups throughout the year.  I first met John Gerlach about 5 years ago after I won the Young Concert Artists (YCA) International Auditions in 2009; he invited me to play, then, but I couldn't due to a scheduling conflict.  5 years later, and it worked out! :D

I performed the Chopin Variations, Op. 2 on Mozart's La Ci Darem La Mano from Don Giovanni.  It's an awesome piece that nobody plays...and I just can't figure out why.  I recently played it with the Victoria Symphony, but it works as a solo piece, too.

I also played the good 'ol Janácek Sonata, an improvisation, and the Chopin Andate Spianato and Grande Polonaise Brillante (what a mouthful).

This was all yesterday (Friday, November 14)...but it is different from the program I'll be playing this coming Thursday, November 20 also in New York City at SubCulture!

NYC Concert Thursday, November 20 at SubCulture!

For all you NYCers out there who have been asking "Charlie when are you playing here in New York?"  Well here it is.  Thursday.  November 20.  SubCulture.  Downtown.  A new classical music venue that is coming forth as a "cool," "it" place for classical music.  7:30pm.

Tickets are available online here: http://subculturenewyork.com/event/charlie-albright/

I hope you are all going to be there!

The program will be partly different than yesterday (more work for me...).  But here it is:

Beethoven Moonlight Sonata
Janácek Sonata 1.X.1905
Chopin Andante Spianato and Grande Polonaise Brillante
Chopin Etudes, Op. 25

Tacoma Symphony on Sunday, November 23!

...And don't you think I forgot about you Pacific Northwesters! Sunday, November 23.  Pantages Theater in Tacoma.  Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto.  Sarah Ioannides, conductor.  It's going to be a blast.

Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube!





1 comment:

  1. Charlie, you seem to be having a wonderful time performing .... all over the world.... Planning BOSTON sometime soon I hope. Wishing you continued success (and fame) . Always TRAVEL SAFE. ! Michael O'

    ReplyDelete