Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/2014 Vlog: THANK YOUs, Concerts, and CD Ideas

First of all, THANK YOU!

With the business of life, sometimes you just can't stop and thank the people who matter.  You matter.  Thank you.
With my "Surrogate Grandparents," Dr. James Watson and Mrs. Elizabeth Watson! :D



 For what, you might ask?  Read more for more...




I couldn't do what I'm doing without the support of you.  All of you.  Yes, you...the person reading these words right now.  The fact that I interest you enough to be reading this far is tremendous.

Without people like you, I couldn't perform and share music with all of you.  So thank you.  Thank you for buying CDs, thank you for coming to concerts, thank you for commenting, thank you for subscribing, thank you for watching videos, thank you for tweeting.  Thank you.

Second of all, Concerts!


I've got concerts coming up on both coasts, so if you're in New York City, come to SubCulture on Thursday at 7:30.  Here's the ticketing info!

http://subculturenewyork.com/event/charlie-albright/

If you're in the Pacific Northwest, I've got a concerto coming up with the Tacoma Symphony.  Here's the ticketing info for that too!

http://www.tacomasymphony.org/index.php/News/Entry/pianist-charlie-albright-to-return-for-tchaikovsky--beethoven
Grounds for Sculpture, New Jersey

Third of all, CD Ideas!

I'm in the process of starting plans for my second CD.  Vivace was a huge success, thanks to all of you.  I've so far sold well over 3000 copies (they say 10,000 is "platinum" for classical music, so that's pretty good!).

For the next one, I am thinking of something a bit different.  There are hundreds of recording of every famous piece of classical music.  Seriously.  Look on iTunes.  (Don't try your local record store, because those practically don't exist anymore).

My idea is this:

What if my next CD is entirely self-composed?  All Albright.  Hey...that might be a nice CD title...

Let me know in the comments below what you think.  Would a self-composed CD be something that you're all interested in?

Now watch me actually talk!


1 comment: