Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Tour Day 4: Kansas City, KS

I'm so excited.

Not just because of the start of this tour which is going to be an AMAZING experience, but because my dad gets to travel with me for a little over a week!  We both flew in to Kansas City, MO (from Boston to Atlanta to Kansas City) and I picked up the good 'ol rental car from Hertz.

Hertz treats me well...they gave me a brand new Toyota Avalon!  It's quite a car...powerful, sleek, quiet.  Nice. :)


We checked in to my hotel in Olathe.

Then we headed over to what is supposedly the best BBQ restaurant in the entire country, Oklahoma Joe's.  Delicious doesn't cut it.  BBQ ribs, pulled pork, and brisket.  Yumm.

Then it was off to Target for a few supplies and back to the hotel.  Tomorrow night is the first concert in the small town of Chanute, KS.  Can't wait to get started!

-Charlie

Daddy in the car 
My dad and I :)

My pal for the next month

Hitting the road in Kansas

Daddy

'Best BBQ in the Country'

Dinner


Super Target

Amazing sky

BBQ for sale

Friend for the month :)




1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear that your travel plans are going well. You are lucky to have your dad along on the tour for a while, very nice ! Good luck with this portion of your tour. Safe travels !

    ReplyDelete