Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cimarron, NM - Haunted Hotel in the Southwest

I don't think I had ever been to New Mexico before...

...let alone the small town of Cimarron, which has all of about 1000 people (literally).  A 4.5 hour drive south of Denver, the closest airport would still require a 3+ hour drive...so I figured I'd skip the extra flight and just drive the difference.

"Read more" for lots more pics!

With nobody on the straight roads in New Mexico, one is inclined to drive quickly...  I also first-handedly learned that the 2012 Camry has a speed limiter at about 112-113mph.  :P


















As usual, my meals on the road normally consisted of fast food.

Add caption




Flatness

...And it gets boring after awhile.  So, just stream "Shark Tank" on your iPhone. :)

Watching "Shark Tank" while driving

I gave a mini-concert and talk to about 300 middle/high-school students in Raton, NM on Monday

The concert was really fun!  Also, the hotel I stayed in had two sections: the old, original, haunted part with a restaurant with bullet holes in the ceiling from bar fights 100+ years ago...and the annex that was un-haunted that I insisted on staying in.  :)

I have now just arrived in Fort Smith, Arkansas!

I'm playing the Mozart C Major K. 467 Concert with the Fort Smith Symphony on Saturday...and just found out that the 1327 seat hall was sold out with a waiting list!  It's going to be a blast!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment