Monday, January 23, 2017

Recording at the New Steinway Hall

Recording Time!

It has been a little while since I've done a recording for recording's sake, so it was great to be back at it.  The Stecher and Horowitz Foundation in New York runs the New York International Piano Competition, which I took part in back in 2006 (though at that point, it was a national competition).  

Each year, they commission a brand new piece of music from a composer, and decided to make a compilation recording of each commission from each biennial competition.  My year, Michael Torke wrote Bays of Huatulco (renamed Blue Pacific), which I was asked to record on the brand new Steinway Spirio piano, which is Steinway's amazing new player-piano.

The recording went great, and I'm looking forward to hearing how it turns out!  Check out some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment