Friday, February 27, 2015

Sarasota Institute for Lifelong Learning and Your Harvard: Seattle

Got back from a great time in Seattle...

where the weather was in the mid-50s and there were blue skies and lots and sun.  Doesn't sound like Seattle in the winter, does it? :P

I was there for a couple days to play at the Your Harvard: Seattle event entitled The Art of Improvisation.  After playing the great Volodos transcription of the Mozart Turkish March (rondo alla turca), I spoke briefly about improvisation and did one as a demonstration, before Professors Tom Kelly (music) and Bob Datta (neurobiology) spoke with discussion facilitator Deanna Lee about how improvisation works from musical and biological standpoints.

Harvard President Drew Faust then spoke about the Harvard Campaign, before all heading to a great reception in the lobby of the Seattle Art Museum!

I'm getting ready to head to Sarasota/Venice, Florida...

where the weather will be in the upper 70s and sunny!  I'm returning to the Sarasota Institute for Lifelong Learning, where I'll be giving two interviews/performances with radio host and good friend Robert Sherman.  I came here a couple years ago, and I'm so glad to be coming back!


Amazing room at the Alexis Hotel

No, I won't be using the leopard-print bathrobe.

Breakfast with my mom

Seattle Art Museum



Harvard Music Professor Tom Kelly

Selfie-time with Harvard President Drew Faust!

It was great working with you all!
Left to Right: Professor Bob Datta, Deanna Lee, Professor Tom Kelly, Me, Susan Olsen





1 comment:

  1. Charlie, looks like another wonderful adventure for you ! Thanks for posting photos of your travels.

    ReplyDelete